My good friend Jacque tagged us Walters girls for this Christmas tag, so here goes it.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? It has to be wrapping paper. Actually, one of my favorite things during the holidays is wrapping the gifts. I love making big bows and having coordinated paper. One of those quirky things. I believe part of the gift is the wrapping. Whether I am good at it or not is another question.
2. Tree--Real or Artificial? I LOVE real trees, but hate the mess, so . . . we have a fake.
3. When do you put Christmas tree up? As soon as possible. Usually, right after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? After the new year
5. Like egg nog? Yes, I have fond memories of my Dad drinking it at Christmas time. I also like the flavor.
6. Do you have a nativity scene? Yep, my kids love to rearrange it.
7. Favorite gift received as a child? That's real hard. . . I got a jean jacket one year and was WAY excited. But the year we got our trampoline ROCKED!!!
8. Hardest person to buy for? My father-in-law. Sorry Papa.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My kids, my mom, and my sister. I love to shop for them.
10. Worst Christmas gift?
11. Mail or email a Christmas Card? Mail. I love getting all the fun pictures in the mail, plus Costco makes is so easy to send a card.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? It's a Wonderful Life, it makes me cry at the end how everyone comes and gives money to him. sniff!! I also love all the little cartoons, Elf the movie, Polar Express, . . . I'm a sucker for Christmas movies.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?August.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Don't think so.
15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas? Breakfast. I love cinnamon rolls and scrambled eggs on Christmas.
16. Clear or colored tree lights? Clear lights
17. Favorite Christmas Song? Who doesn't love Bing for the Holidays?
18. Travel during Christmas or Stay home? Stay home. Although, I had a short fantasy of going to a cabin this Christmas. One day, one day.
19. Can you name Santa's reindeer? Hello? Can't call myself a Christmas movie fan and not know the reindeer.
20. Angel or Star on Tree top? Star, it reminds me of that peaceful Christmas night.
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? We always open one present on Christmas Eve (usually new pj's) and then the rest on Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? IT'S CRAZY!!!
Next in line for tag: Humphreys, Brannon, Neilson (you have to let me on your blog so I can read it!)
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Ellie and Parker helped me decorate the tree this year!! They were so excited and very good and helping. Every year we purchase a new ornament to place on the tree. We have some really creative ones that hopefully will remind them of the great Christmas' they had as children.
Posted by jessi at 1:45 PM
Okay, so this isn't the MOST flattering picture of Tay, BUT I had to document this milestone in her life! She has started eating cereal and it is going quite well. She has been such a wonderful baby I love every minute I have to spend with her. Hopefully rice cereal brings out the hair. :)
Posted by jessi at 1:40 PM