Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"What? You're kidding!"

My title is said with sarcasm, because I'm going to let you in on a little secret. . . I love food!

"What? You're kidding!"

No, it's true. Anyone who knows me, knows this is one of my MOST favorite topics ever. I think about my next meal, while I'm presently eating. I love to muse over what combinations I'll be creating, and secretly hoping that my family will eat my new creation and exclaim how wonderful it is and how there is nothing else in the world like it. (the last part is probably more truth and the first.) So, it should come at no surprise, when I say that I am a food snob. :) Although, I will try most anything, I do not like to eat most anything. (i'm really bad when it comes to chocolate.) The same can be said for restuarants. My husband and I have this pact that we won't eat at any major food chain. (hey, i told you I was a snob.) We love to eat at the "best kept secrets", the "hole in the wall", and such. We feel there is more personality and quality in the food.

Well, my friends and I decided to try out a new place in Gilbert; Liberty Market. It's funny, because I remember it when it use to be a Market, a quickie Mart kind of place. But, now it's this gorgeous, quaint little cafe. The perfect place for friends to catch up. Their food was delicious and the staff was incredible. (I loved this man so much, we had to get a picture with him. I think he loves food just as much as me!!) Nothing on the menu is boring. You have to try it. Of course, I have to add this to my list of "must eats". Hope you love it.

By the way, check out the bathrooms. They are by far the coolest bathrooms ever. (each stall has it's own theme, and plays it's own music) Pretty cool!!


2 comments:

Heather Humphreys said...

I LOVE this post! And I LOVED that night at L.M.

If there was a way to type that little "tasting routine" you consistantly go through when you are trying food, I would type it right now. Yeah, you know what I'm talking about. You're proabaly doing it right now. And see? There's no way to type that sound. I can't find the right letter combination.

Anywho . . . . that was so much fun that night and please send me a copy of that picture when you get a chance!

Kelli said...

you are hilarious. i would have NEVER thought that about you! hey you guys doin soccer again? what're the odds we'll be on the same team? i recruited 3 of ry's friends, it's gonna be FUN! :)