Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Turkey Trot . . . Say what?

I know, I know, you are all rubbing your eyes at the title of this posting. "Turkey Trot?" you say. "Wasn't that, like, 6 weeks ago?" you ask in bewilderment.

Yes, yes it's true. I am THE slowest blogger this side of the Mississippi. Now that you know my weakness here is my LONG overdue post about the Turkey Trot.

All my life (get comfortable), I have wanted to run with ease. But, I have not been blessed with such an ability. Instead, I was blessed with the desire, but no gas. (well that's not entirely true, ha ha) Well, I have been really working on being a better runner, and so I decided to give the Turkey Trot 10k a go. My sis-in-law Shay is one of those gifted runners (she did a half marathon!). We decided to run together and I was SO nervous. I didn't want to pass out, or puke, or faint, or slow her down. I REALLY wanted to be able to run alongside her the WHOLE time. Well, I am happy to report that none of those horrible things happened, I was able to complete it and run the whole thing with Shay. YIPPEEE!!!


One more quick thing, my 7 year old son Parker ran the 2 mile. Non-stop. What a stud!!!





5 comments:

Kristal said...

Congrats to both of you!

Lancelot Giles said...

Good for you Sistuh! That is very admirable to run a 10k. I'm still uneasy about running two miles non-stop. By the way, MERRY CHRISTMAS! You'll probably need to run another one of those trots to shed a few calories from the big feast, eh? Me too.

Austin and Whitney Cooley said...

Good Job Jess, that awesome. Tell Parker he's a stud for running that much, love ya!

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you JESS!!!! I am running in the London's Run on January 31st. You should so it. It is a 10K also. I actually just was barely able to run 6.8 miles yesterday without stopping. I actually cried. I have never been able to run long distances with ease either. I am convinced that running is a mind game, and I love it. Welcome to the world of runners!

Wendi and Eric said...

High five to the both of you!