Sunday, January 11, 2009

Christmas Traditions


Every Christmas I try to think of a neat tradition that will carry on for years and that my children will love to pass on to their kids. Although, it's usually the ones you don't expect them to love, I hope they love this one.


We did a advent book activity for Christmas. I checked out 25 books from the library and wrapped them in Christmas paper. The kids then took turns every night unwrapping a book to read. I thoroughly enjoyed this activity because many of the stories reminded us of what Christmas is all about.


6 comments:

Kristal said...

That's a really neat idea! I hope I can remember it for another 11 months :D

Austin and Whitney Cooley said...

That's a great idea! I love how I'm the one sibling not on your "people i love" list... I see how it is. Is there a "people i don't love" list I should be on??

RocketBox Boy said...

What a great idea. I love that it will change each year with the books you check out and it doesn't cost anything, but a little wrapping paper and a little time. Great idea!

Unknown said...

Jessica, that is an awesome idea. I may have to steal that one. My kids would absolutely love that.

Kelli said...

that's way cute. you need a little more pics of your family on christmas though ya slacker! :)

Jammin' said...

I love, love, love this idea. Leave it to you to come up with the cool stuff:)