Thursday, February 28, 2008

Polar Bear Swim!!


This is our 2nd year hosting New Year's Eve at our house with Brandon's Family. We have so much fun ringing in the New Year. One of our traditions is the Polar Bear Swim. This year we decided to do it at midnight. So Brad, Brandon, Tyson, and Parker were the only brave ones to jump in. It was exceptionaly cold this year. The wind was blowing so hard and the temperature had dropped to the 40s. We knew that Brad and Brandon would go. Tyson hesitated but finally jumped and Parker got in as far as he could without passin out. The Polar Bear swim is a highlight of the festivities, because of all the reactions to the cold water. It really is quite hilarious.

5 comments:

jacque said...

crazy boys! I remember having to run across the snow, roll in it, and then jump into the jacuzzi for a polar bear swim when I was a kid. i don't think i could do it now!

. said...

Brandon looks very focussed....as though he's meditating and "balancing his chi" before the trauma.

Very nice.

I jumped into a river of Glacial Run-off in Alaska...In a bikini.

That REALLY hurt!

I'm never doing it again....good thing we have pictures.

nanc

Austin and Whitney Cooley said...

I remember doing that last year and we all remember the temp. of the water quite shocked me, I wasn't prepared for that!! I wish I was there this year, I would have stood up to be the only girl :-)

Mike Steph Brooklyn and Carter said...

Hopefully next year we wont be sick so we can enjoy the swim. WEll lets be honest, I will NEVER be doing that but Mike was bummed to miss it!

Ty & Shay Nansel said...

wow, those boys are crazy! it was for sure colder this year than last, that would be why i chickened out and let Tyson do it for me! ha! he is my excuse...